Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Sunday's appointment with dread

Sunday I went to the gym with the idea of doing about 10 miles on the treadmill. I quickly remembered, as my left foot went slowly numb, why I don't use treadmills often.

See, they make my left foot go dead.

No idea why - perhaps it's the incline, as I usually start with it on 2 per cent as they say that simulates a road running scenario. I don't know who they are, or why I'm listening to them, but they must have an authoritative voice because I must have believed that one.

I managed a pitiful 4 miles(ish) before I bailed. But at least I made it down there, and went for a run; walked there on ice through stupidly low temperatures (-8c(ish)) and walked home afterward, too. So it's still kind of a 'yay!'

If work continues to go okay, I'll be down there tonight, too.

2 comments:

  1. just dropping a note to say merry christmas to you and yours! here's to a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and receive $$$ from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete