Tuesday, 19 July 2011

A Small Victory

And it is a small one, but significant.

Saturday was a hard day. I got up early, went for a run, then walked the dog; then back home sans dog, as she was down at my parents' house for the day. Then we loaded the car, and went to a festival to try and sell handbags and shoulder bags to hippies.

Well, it was a long, long day. We sold a couple of bags, but not a lot. We had some great food and chatted with some lovely people. Got home around 6:30pm-ish, absolutely knackered out.

So, I went to the supermarket for some nibbles and bits, fully intending to buy beer as well, and yet I walked out without it. It was for some reason a revelation. After a day like that, a beer is usually most welcome, but I just… didn't want it. I went home and had hot tea with my lovely wife instead. Woke up the next day with a clear head, well rested, and though I didn't run that day, I could have!

It would seem the war is not unwinnable. What a wonderful thing to learn.

1 comment: