Saturday, 20 August 2011

Random, erm, Saturday Facts

I'm late again. I was at a wedding all day yesterday, which was rather lovely, then collapsed in bed (sober! Much to my wife's surprise) at 9:30pm. So here we go, I wonder what will come spilling out today.

1: I saw my 'first love' a couple of years ago in the street in this here town. I can't believe I didn't see it before, but her head is enormous.

2: People generally do not pay me compliments. My theory is that this is because I am confident and happy in myself. Even so people, an occasional compliment goes a long way. Come judgement day…

3: I am reading - and will finish - a book called Outpost. It is very silly and a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it.

4: I'd like to be an author.

5: I'm planning a race in town for next year - but in the back of my mind, a year or two after that, we're going to add an ultramarathon to the event schedule too.

6: I absolutely love badgers.

7: My favourite food is sushi.

8: My favourite writer is Kurt Vonnegut. He's the only one I've read where I've thought, "My God, I can't do this!"

9: I despise selfishness.

10: And lying. Fo' shizzle.

11: Number 9 is probably the reason I mostly do not like children.

12: We have a unique category of film in our house: a 3-S. Shootin', Shoutin', 'Splodin.

13: My wife and I both loved the last Rambo film.

14: This feels like a confessional. I imagine.

15: My wife is hot.

16: Next year, I will do the course to become a running coach.

17: I will use my powers from 16 only for good.

18: I'm about to take Millie for a long walk.

19: My favourite hotels in the UK - apart from the really posh ones - are Premier Travel Inns. They have the best beds.

20: My mobile phone is a HTC Desire HD. I don't know if I like it, but I certainly use it a lot.

21: I hate mobile phones.

22: And cars. I'd love it if we went back to horse and cart. Imagine how different the world would be if we all had to keep an animal alive to help us live. I can't help but think it would be a much better place.

23: I'm an idealist, an optimist, and some other ists too.

24: I have a Garmin Discoverer that I haven't ever taken out of the box. I think it will be on eBay this weekend. I will spend the proceeds on chips and beer.

25: I get sad when authors I admire die. I was gutted when Vonnegut died, and when Robert Parker died. But the one that got me the most, and still does - though he was not an author, but a comedian - was when Bill Hicks died. He changed the world in his short life, and could have done a lot more with a bit more time.

That is all. Go and spread the love, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment