Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Triples, doubles and singles.

Triples, because I tripled the number of followers for this blog in the past month! From 1 to 3 baby, YEAH! It does make me chuckle, ostensibly because I blog for myself. If I have a long interview to transcribe, for example, I often blog beforehand to loosen my fingers up.

Doubles, because today I am thinking of doubling up. I ran this morning, when I really didn't feel like it, did a lovely 3.5 miles (as it turned out). I have lots of energy left, so I might go out for another run later. Never, ever doubled up before. Will be intriguing how my body reacts to it! If I do it, that is...

And singles, because it just made sense for the blog post title. I have nothing else.

Ooooh, except an old, old joke: My wife thinks she's a hen. I'd take her to the doctor's, but we need the eggs.

What other news is there? Despite being the ripe old age of 37, I just had my first-ever driving lesson. It was great, learned a lot, got the hang of clutch control pretty quickly (only stalled once in a 2-hour lesson, and that was right at the end!), did some three-point turns, all good. Then the day after, awful groin pain - because I was hovering my left foot over the clutch pedal like a moron, and it pulled on the opposite side. Go figure. Better today, and it didn't interrupt running really. So it's win-win. Except I fucking hate cars.

In other news, I wore my new pair of UK Gear PT1000's today. When you first wear them, they feel a little unresponsive (though I didn't notice it in the last pair), but they soon bed in. Great, great shoes. I'd like them to be a bit sexier, but what the hell. They work, I have not been injured while wearing a pair, so as far as I am concerned, they absolutely fucking rock.

Our even for next year is gathering pace, but I have slightly stalled because I can't get hold of the marketing manager for a key company. Ho hum.

Got to go shopping now, for elements of wife's dinner. She's having salmon on a bed of spinach, with some delicious salad leaves and possibly some couscous. For stepdaughter, I am making pizza (I froze a couple of bases last time we had it). For myself, I have no idea at all. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. driving lesson! how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do
    you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog
    looks weird when browsing from my iphone4.
    I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix
    this issue. If you have any recommendations,
    please share.
    Cheers!

    Also visit my blog; Click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I have absolutely no idea. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete