Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Doctor, doctor

...can't you see I'm burning burning... Whooooa Doctor Doctor, is this pain I'm feeeeelllliiinnnnggggg…

So, I went to the doctor this morning. About the dead leg thing. I explained what I thought caused it to the student doctor, he felt up my gorgeous legs for a while, then we went in to see the Real Doctor.

It's basically what I thought - ramped up the mileage too fast to do this half marathon (which I had no intention of doing, until the hospice rang and asked if I could fill a spot, and find two other mugs runners to do the same. I can still do the race but instead of topping out at 40 miles this week for possibly the first time ever, I'm going to end up at about 19 or 30, including the race. I can live with that - the injury is nothing, it's not even an injury, then I'll scale back the following week and start building again. Job done, nothing to worry about, nothing to see here.

1 comment: