Friday, 2 September 2011

Random Friday Facts

Here we are again.

1: I just saw a lovely old lady in the supermarket that I have known for years. She never recognises me - she's 95 now, after all - until I smile, then she says my name with a gasp. It's hilarious.

2: Today she asked me how come I haven't aged! She's known me since I was 16 and I'm 37 now, so I suspect I have aged a bit... Or I looked like shit as a teenager.

3: I smoked from the age of 17 to 30.

4: I was very, very good at smoking.

5: I have burned out through work twice. It sucks, but that is partly the nature of the job. Which I why I'm not that interested in it any more.

6: I have a lovely pair of Under Armour running gloves, with snot wipes on the thumb and pointy finger.

7: Oooooh, and the bestest running jacket EVER. Gore running jacket, and it's INFLATABLE. It's fucking excellent, fo shiz.

8: I have a plant called Terry.

9: I no longer watch football. I used to support Chelsea, until the last World Cup, when England were utterly appalling. As soon as the tournament ended, I took all my football shirts to the charity shop. Fuck them, they're all wankers, frankly.

10: If it ever turns out Usain Bolt is doping, I will be heartbroken.

11: I have the personal email addresses of several of my heroes. I have to be careful sometimes not to drunkmail them.

12: Best interview I ever did was Jerry Weintraub. That dude is a legend.

13: I like cake. Not all cake, but it's close.

14: I wear a Canadian dollar around my neck - it's the Terry Fox coin, and the gentleman on our market who cuts out coins and stuff cut around Terry and the trees on it for me. It's wicked.

15: I wear it every time I run - hell, I wear it almost every day. It's filthy. When I took it into a jeweller's to see if they could get it clean, the lady picked up the chain and said "Is this stainless steel?" "No, it's sterling silver." She was a little surprised.

16: I love people, right up until they start talking.

17: I need a new CD marker. Not for marking CDs though. I use one to cross out finished pages on my flatplan for work.

18: I have a DVD remote control on my desk. I'm not sure why.

19: Two of my favourite web sites are www.abadcaseofthedates.com and www.notalwaysright.com

20: I just bought two Kings of Leon songs on iTunes; I'd not really heard them before. I love the song Fans.

21: A friend of mine is the Single of the Week on iTunes next week (might just be on the UK version). Her second album's about to come out and the reviews are basically saying it's a masterpiece, or fucking close to one. That's pretty cool. We have drifted apart a bit though in recent years. Still, I wish her all the luck in the world.

22: I can't sing for shit. I used to be in a band though, and I was the person at the microphone. Go figure.

Aaaaaaaaand that's a wrap. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: