Sunday, 30 October 2011

Further, erm, revelations

Well, isn't life funny? Here I am, musing on alcohol and all it brings with it, and I discover something really, really simple. I've been drinking alone, at home. Back in the day, I never, ever drank at home. This was when I lived alone. Didn't do it. If I stayed in, I was sober. Not so much these days - in fact the opposite is probably true. And drinking brings with it late nights, though not always. This week I had an evening where I went for a beer with my lovely wife in a country pub, then came home, had a stubby, and crashed into bed by about 9:30.

Anyway, I guess what I wanted to say is, drinking is, for me, a work in progress. I doubt I'll quit, I think I just need to change how, and when, I do it. Make it a social thing again. Take my gorgeous wife out for a cheeky now and again. That kind of thing. Not something I do alone while watching trashy TV (Biggest Loser and Walking Dead, both recorded, and as no-one else in the house watches them, I watched them late last night avec beer. Gah).

I really wanted to run two consecutive days this weekend, as the clock changed and it's actually a real pleasure to see that immediate shift, first thing in the morning. A run that would have been in the dark is now during sunrise, for example. I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow, now. Another day, wasted. Oh, and I'm working all weekend. Double - nay, triple - gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment