Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Running fucking rocks.

You know why? Tomorrow I'm going to run up a fucking enormous hill, my beautiful wife with me on her mountain bike, my lovely neighbour running alongside (realistically, he'll be more like in front), and my fabulous dog(s) trotting along making it look easy. Know what? I'll do it, all of that hill, and all of the other side of it that we didn't do last week. I might even grin while I do it. It'll hurt, it'll be hard, but it's like the idea that a sneeze is 1/16th or whatever of an orgasm. Those hard runs, it's kind of like seeing what love is really all about.

Fuck, I'm starting to sound like a hippie. I just read a superb post about running a marathon, and in it was this line:
"Lesson #4: This is something you do by yourself, but you are not doing it alone."

That is the marathon experience in a sentence. Tomorrow is no marathon, but even if I were out there by myself, I would not be running it alone.

1 comment:

  1. As I read the post title, my brain transposed the first two words and it occurred to me that I'd not heard of 'running' as a word to add emphasis before. Then ... oh, okay. Good for you, really.

    ReplyDelete