Friday, 2 December 2011

Random Friday Facts

Here we are again. Maybe I'll actually put some random facts into it this time. I bet I repeat myself loads in these things.

1: Today is my four-year wedding anniversary.

2: I was 15 when we first met, my wife and I. She was 22. She was hot, I was not, but I still asked her for a snog. However, I was 32 when we got together, and she was 39.

3: For her 40th birthday, we picked up her wedding ring.

4: But she couldn't tell anyone, because we were getting married in secret. So I got her an iPod to run with as well, so she could at least tell anyone that asked that I got her something...

5: It's been a tough four years, but she's still great. She makes me laugh every day.

6: We're off out tonight with a bunch of friends for curry and lager. Mmmmmm, curry and lager.

7: My new non-drinking regime is going great. Tonight is a night off though. It's not so much not drinking, as just doing it now and again. The result? I'm in bed just after 9 most nights and up just after 5 most mornings!

8: Killer whales work in groups to unsettle their prey. It's most impressive.

9: Nein is the German word for 'No'.

10: In some countries, shaking your head means 'yes'.

11: I am the tallest member of my family. But not my married kinda family. My stepdaughter is four inches taller than me, my wife two.

12: My feet are cold.

13: And I need a shower.

14: But instead, I'm off to the pet shop to buy treats for the dogs, and to pick up my stepdaughter's boots.

15: Joel Coen was the Assistant Film Editor on Sam Raimi's feature-length debut, The Evil Dead.

16: Luis Bunuel, Salvador Dali and Gabriel Garcia Lorca used to share a flat. That must have been one fucked-up place to live.

17: I've pretty much lived in my London Marathon fleece since it arrived. Weird, as it came because I didn't get a place. Oh well.

18: I can't quite get my head around my improved speed. Me? Relatively quick? Surely not!

19: In this year's BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards shortlist, there is not one single female nominee. Not even Chrissie Wellington. This makes me very, very cross. Normally, this is a highlight of the year for me, but this year it's shown that the voting system does not work. It's been reported that one Manchester paper's votes actually went to YaYa fucking Toure. You fucking what? Over Wellington? Adlington? Ennis? You TWATS.

20: That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're married to someone that you've know since you were 15. Oh the twists and turns of life…

    ReplyDelete