Thursday, 22 December 2011

Running stuff. Surprised much?

Been a slightly rubbish week for running, mainly because of the weather. It killed what should have been a great weekend of runnery with its frozenness, and robbed e of momentum.

Now, momentum. I'm only just appreciating how important this is; last week, ran six days in a row for the first time and felt stronger and stronger. Two days out then became three because of deadlines, then I only did a quickish 3-miler. Since then I've done two more of the same course. So it's Friday and I've done 9 miles this week? Fucking shocking.

On the other hand, I have finished my deadline so I can take two weeks off, and I have the beginnings of a cold. Swings, roundabouts.

Tomorrow I will do 5.5 and vow here, in writing, to do AT LEAST THAT on Christmas morning. For a 20 mile week - job done. The base is there for two spectacular (for me) spring marathons.

In other news, I have a few new year resolutions which is unusual in itself. Wanna hear (read) them? Sure you do...

1 do a race directors course
2 qualify as an endurance running coach
3 hopefully move, so my wife and stepdaughter can follow their dreams
4 get a book published

Not much to ask, is it? Oh, and I'll maintain the hardly drinking any beer thing. I have lost two stone in 12 months (28lbs, US Fat Fans), 7 of which has come in the last month. Not bad.

Enough of my burble. Honey and lemon awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment