Friday, 17 February 2012

Random Friday Facts

1: I am currently re-reading Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. Hopefully it will help me rediscover my mojo even more.

2: This weekend, we are doing a photoshoot for my new mag. 'citin.

3: Except we're short 3 sports bras. But the apparel, shoes, watches, Buff, food all turned up. Which is good. And two bras came; the other three will hopefully be here in the morning.

4: It's going to be a long weekend. Tomorrow I will be up stupid early to do my long run (only 7-8 miles, but still) then walk the dogs, then get everything ready for people arriving at 11:30. Photographer at 12, up the woods by 12:30. Hopefully we'll be finished by 5.

5: Sunday is more of the same, but with an earlier start: 10am.

6: When I conceived this project, I thought I was creating my dream job; I may well be, but I wish it were all I was doing right now.

7: The event in September is looking completely fucking awesome. Really, really special. Still a ton to do though.

8: For the first time I can remember, I would really like a holiday somewhere hot, doing absolutely nothing.

9: On the plus side though, I got some lovely new headphones. They changed the design on my much-loved ones, so now they bash against my headtorch on early-morning runs, which is seriously annoying - luckily they sent a second pair which are ear buds. Less safe, but less headtorch bashing too.

10: Way, way behind in marathon training. Way behind. Will still get there though., After last year's chest infection, how can I possibly turn up less ready??

11: Rupert Murdoch is apparently launching The Sun on Sunday. Like that wasn't what the News of the World was. Why don't you do us all a favour, Rupert, and book a holiday with that nice travel agent that sorted Robert Maxwell's vacation? That or just fuck right off. Either way, we win.

12: After all that's happened, if it turns out I know anyone that buys the new paper, I will disown them.

13: I just read The Dark Volume by G W Dahlquist. It's the sequel to The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters. I have no idea why I read it, because both books were actually shite.

14: My office is filled with boxes. Tomorrow, they will be gone!

15: My favourite TV shows are, in no particular order: Friday Night Lights, The Rockford Files, Cheers, Frasier, Biggest Loser USA, Eerie Indiana (but not the last series), The Office (US and UK both), The Walking Dead, Dawson's Creek. That's about it, I can't think of anything else I watch or have watched in the last 20 years. Except Battlestar Galactica.

16: For some reason, when I use a public internet terminal and I think someone is watching, I type something in about fisting. I don't know why, other than it just amuses me. Try it.

17: The Sylvester Stallone movie FIST also amuses me. And not because it's a good movie.

18: No more avoiding work for me. I'm going to go and do some. Honest guv.

1 comment:

  1. your project is so exciting - can't wait to see the finished mag!

    ReplyDelete