Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Life has changed a lot.

And when I say a lot, I mean immeasurably.

I now live alone - well, with two dogs, one full time, one part time. My lovely wife and I have separated, which I really do believe is for the best. I just could not contemplate going on the way we were and ending up hating each other. I want us to love each other as friends again some time in the future, when we're both more healed.

Still, it fucking sucks ass.

Still running, still getting people started running, still organising our race, still doing all kinds of stuff. Including a marathon three-week drunk, actually, which was trying, to say the least. But I made it, I'm here, and we move forward, albeit very very slowly.

Just wanted to say, you know. I'm still here. Or to quote Albert Camus,

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you both. A hard decision to come to, but if it's the cleanest way then you've done the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending good thoughts to you both. I know how tough it is to go through this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. Best excuse I ever had for being a lame-arse blogger, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can shorten your links with Shortest and make money for every visit to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete