Monday, 15 April 2013

Cursed. Fucking well cursed*.

So, life's been pretty poor quality lately to say the least. Lots of reasons why but the main one if the breakdown of my marriage and a parting that I thought was agreed on and amicable, turns out not to be at all.

I digress. This isn't a marriage counselling blog after all - though I did turn down the offer to go to counselling and often wonder if I gave up too easily. But that's for another blog and another time.

So, four of my runners are working toward their first half marathon in just four weeks. One is having terrible personal issues, which are affecting her sleep, diet, everything; another just had a stress-induced asthma attack and has been out of action for over a week; another may have glandular fever, we should find out tomorrow; the fourth seems to be getting on fine, and she's the one that hardly runs with us!

Oh, and as for me, I sprained my ankle perhaps 10 days ago and it's almost sorted now, so this morning in a ha-ha-fuck-you kinda way, it seems I may have gout as well. Pure pain, in the joint of the big toe on my right foot. And yes, I have been drinking an awful lot of wine lately... And it came on overnight. So it sounds pretty gouty to me, though I have a telephone consultation with a doctor tomorrow, so I'll check.

It used to be that when all else in life is shitty - and it really, really has been - I could grab my iPod, put my running shoes on and disappear for a while. Nothing seemed quite so bad after that. But I haven't been able to do that for what seems like an age, and when I do I doubt I could run for more than 40 or 50 minutes.

I guess things are going to have to change around here. Something nice has to happen at some point, even if just statistically speaking it has to. Something good is just around the corner.



*I know, life could always be worse. But it's all relative, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment